This pizza recipe is soooo easy and guaranteed to be kid-friendly. Now, not every ingredient in this recipe is from scratch, but sometimes, busy parents need to compromise in order to fit a good meal into a crazy schedule. It takes about 15 minutes of prep time (kids can help) and 12 to bake.
I like to buy organic crust and sauce, but you can use whatever you have available. Since summer squash is still in season, I used it in this recipe, but you could also use broccoli, peppers, onions, mushrooms, whatever veggies you have available. Just make sure you use fresh mozzarella and real feta cheese!
1 prepared pizza crust (such as Boboli)
1 jar spaghetti or pizza sauce (such as Muir Glen)
1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
1/2 cup crumbled feta
10 basil leaves
1 small summer squash, thinly sliced
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. pine nuts
1. Follow directions on prepared pizza crust for preheating oven and preparing crust.
2. Spread about 1 cup prepared pizza sauce on the crust.
3. Place squash and zucchini over sauce.
4. Sprinkle pine nuts evenly over squash/zuke.
5. Place basil leaves curved side down over pine nuts.
6. Spread cheeses evenly over everything.
7. Bake for about 12 minutes (at 425) or until golden brown and cheese is completely melted.
8. Serve with a small lettuce salad and enjoy! (Gus is enjoying his by picking off the veggies, but oh well.)